Zhurnal Radioelektroniki - Journal of Radio Electronics. ISSN 1689-1719. 2020. No. 4
Full text in Russian (pdf)
INVESTIGATION OF WAVEGUIDE-SLOT ANTENNA WITH 180 DEGREES FREQUENCY SCANNING SECTOR
V. A. Kaloshin 1, D. T. Le 2
1 Kotelnikov Institute of Radioengineering and Electronics of Russian Academy of Sciences, Mokhovaya 11-7, Moscow 125009, Russia
2 Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (National Research University), 9 Institutskiy per., Dolgoprudny, Moscow Region, 141701, Russia
The paper is received on March 19, 2020
Abstract. A linear waveguide slot antenna with a 180-degree frequency scanning sector is proposed and studied. The antenna is made in the form of a rectangular metal waveguide filled with a dielectric with periodic changes in permittivity and triple transverse slots periodically located along the waveguide in a wide wall. The scanning sector of 180 degrees is achieved by the use of two radiation modes: the main (zero) harmonic and -1 harmonic of the spatial spectrum. The frequency dependences of the reflection and transmission coefficients, as well as the gain and aperture efficiency coefficients are compared with the similar characteristics of the antenna based on the equivalent two-layer waveguide with changes in the thickness of one of the layers.
Key words: waveguide-slot antenna, frequency scanning.
1. Walter C.H. Traveling wave antennas. McGraw-Hill, 1965 429 ð.
2. Kaloshin V.A. Antennas of millimeter waves. Zarubezhnaya radioelektronika - Foreign Radio Electronics. 1984. No. 11. P.81- 96. (In Russian)
3. Bankov S. E. Antennyye reshetki s posledovatel'nym pitaniyem [Serial Antenna Arrays]. Moscow. Fizmatlit Publ. 2013. (In Russian)
4. Balanis C.A., editor. Modern antenna handbook. N.Y.: John Wiley & Sons, 2008.
5. Caloz C., Itoh T. Electromagnetic metamaterials: transmission line theory and microwave applications. The engineering approach. New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, 2006.
6. Dong Yu., Itoh T. Composite right/left-handed substrate integrated waveguide and half mode substrate integrated waveguide leaky-wave structures. IEEE Trans. 2011. Vol. AP-59. No. 3. Ð. 767.
7. Kaloshin V.A., Kalinichev V.I. Waveguide-linear antenna array with a 180° frequency scanning sector. Journal of Communications Technology and Electronics. 2019. Vol.64. No.7. P.675-679. DOI 10.1134/S1064226919060032
8. Kalinichev V.I., Kaloshin V.A. Radiation characteristics of a linear slotted-waveguide array with a wide frequency scan. Zhurnal Radioelektroniki - Journal of Radio Electronics. 2019. No. 2. Available at http://jre.cplire.ru/jre/feb19/7/text.pdf DOI 10.30898/1684-1719.2019.2.7
9. Xu F., Patrovsky A., Wu K. Fast Simulation of Periodic Guided-Wave Structures Based on Commercial Software. Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett. 2007. Vol. 49. No. 9. P. 2180.
Kaloshin V.A., Le D.T. Investigation of waveguide-slot antenna with 180 degrees frequency scanning sector. Zhurnal Radioelektroniki - Journal of Radio Electronics. 2020. No. 4. Available at http://jre.cplire.ru/jre/apr20/1/text.pdf. DOI 10.30898/1684-1719.2020.4.1