Zhurnal Radioelektroniki - Journal of Radio Electronics. ISSN 1689-1719. 2020. No. 4
Full text in Russian (pdf)
Efficiency of the phase algorithm of adaptive filtering for receiving signals with multi-position phase shift keying
G. V. Kulikov, Do Trung Tien
MIREA Russian Technological University, 119454, Russia, Moscow, Vernadsky Av., 78
The paper is received on April 3, 2020
Abstract. Signals with multi-position phase shift keying (M-PSK) are often used to increase the radio channel capacity of modern digital navigation, communications and television systems. The presence of non-fluctuation interference in such radio channels, such as harmonic, retranslated, scanning, and interference with phase shift keying, significantly reduces the noise immunity of receiving discrete information, therefore, the fight against them is an important task for each radio system. A known way to combat non-fluctuation interference is the use of adaptive non-recursive filters with adjustable weight coefficients. In the work, the efficiency of using an adaptive filter using information about the phase structure of the M-PSK signal is studied. Using simulation, the optimal filter parameters were determined: adaptation coefficient, filter length, and the efficiency of using this adaptive filter in a quadrature coherent M-PSK signal receiver was evaluated for different combinations of interference and their intensity. In the simulation, the noise immunity of M-PSK signal reception was evaluated, namely, the dependence of the probability of a bit error on the signal-to-noise ratio. It is shown that the filter allows you to effectively deal with several harmonic interference. As the amount of such interference increases, the filtering efficiency decreases. The use of the adaptive filter under study is an effective way to deal with narrow-band interference with phase shift keying, especially at its high intensity. The adaptive filter under study is ineffective for suppressing retranslated interference. The filtering efficiency of the scanning interference depends on the ratio of the filter adaptation parameters and the scanning speed of the interference.
Key words: multi-position phase shift keying, non-fluctuation interference, adaptive filter, noise immunity, bit error probability.
1. Rosenbaum Arnold S. PSK error performance with Gaussian noise and interference. BSTJ. 1969. Vol. 48. P. 413442.
2. Nandi M. Symbol Error Probablity of Coherent PSK System in the Presence of Two Path Interference. International Journal of Physics and Applications. 2013. Vol. 5. No. 2. P. 133137.
3. Mohammad Samir Modabbes and Salem Nasri . Bit Error Rate Analysis for BPSK Modulation in Presence of Noise and Two Co-channel Interferens. IJCSNS International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security. 2010. Vol. 10. No. 5. P. 152155.
4. Marco Chiani, Moe Z. Win and Alberto Zanella.Error Probability for Optimum Combining of M-ary PSK Signals in the Presence of Interference and Noise. IEEE Transactions on Communications. 2003. Vol. 51. No. 11. P. 19491957.
5. Milošević M.S. and Stefanović M.Č. Performance Loss Due to Atmospheric Noise and Noisy Carrier Reference Signal in QPSK Communication Systems. Elektronika i Elektrotechnika. 2005. Vol. 58. No.2. ะ. 59.
6. Kulikov G.V., Nguyen Van Dung, Nesterov A.V., Lelyukh A.A. Noise immunity of reception of signals with multiple phase-shift keying in the presence of harmonic interference. Naukoemkie tekhnologii Science Intensive Technologies. 2018. No. 11. P. 3238. (In Russian)
7. Nguyen Van Dung. Noise immunity of a coherent reception of signals with multiple phase shift keying in the presence of a retranslated interference. Zhurnal Radio electroniki Journal of Radio Electronics [electronic journal]. 2019. No. 3. Available at: http://jre.cplire.ru/jre/mar19/4/text.pdf. DOI 10.30898/1684-1719.2019.3.4. (In Russian)
8. Kulikov G. V., Nguyen Van Dung, Do Trung Tien. Effect of phase-shift interference on the noise immunity of correlation demodulator of signals with multiple phase shift keying. Rossiyskiy tekhnologicheskiy zhurnal Russian technological journal [electronic journal]. 2019. Vol. 7. No. 2. P. 1828. Available at: https://rtj.mirea.ru/upload/medialibrary/4c2/RTZH_2_2019_18_28.pdf. DOI: 10.32362/2500-316X-2019-7-2-18-28. (In Russian)
9. Kulikov G. V., Nguyen Van Dung. Analysis of noise immunity of reception of signals with multiple phase shift keying under the influence of scanning interference. Rossiyskiy tekhnologicheskiy zhurnal Russian technological journal [electronic journal]. 2018. Vol. 6. No. 6. P. 512. Available at: https://rtj.mirea.ru/upload/medialibrary/947/RTZH_6_2018_5_12.pdf. DOI: 10.32362/2500-316X-2018-6-6-5-12. (In Russian)
10. Widrow B., Stearns S. D. Adaptive signal processing. Prentice-Hall, 1985, 492 p.
11. Dzhigan V.I. Adaptivnaya fil'tratsiya signalov: teoriya i algoritmy [Adaptive signal filtering: theory and algorithms]. Moscow, Tekhnosphere Publ., 2013, 530 p. (In Russian)
12. Kulikov G.V. Two algorithms for adaptive filtering of non-fluctuation interference when receiving modulated signals with a continuous phase. Naukoemkie tekhnologii Science Intensive Technologies. 2003. No. 6. P. 1923. (In Russian)
13. Kulikov G.V., Kulagin V.P., Nguyen Van Dung, Do Trung Tien. Adaptive digital filter to suppress non-fluctuation interference. Patent RU 194496 U1. Date of registration: 12.12.2019. (In Russian)
14. Kulikov G.V., Kulagin V.P., Shmeleva A.G., Naumov V.V. Adaptive digital filter program with phase tracking. Certificate of state registration of computer programs No. 2019661320, registered 27.08.2019. (In Russian)
Kulikov G.V. Do Trung Tien. Efficiency of the phase algorithm of adaptive filtering for receiving signals with multi-position phase shift keying. Zhurnal Radioelektroniki - Journal of Radio Electronics. 2020. No. 4. Available at http://jre.cplire.ru/jre/apr20/9/text.pdf. DOI 10.30898/1684-1719.2020.4.9