Zhurnal Radioelektroniki - Journal of Radio Electronics. eISSN 1684-1719. 2023. №4
pdf) in Russian (
AN ULTRA-WIDEBAND SINGLE-POLARIZATION
PYRAMIDAL METAL-DIELECTRIC HORN FEED
V.A. Kaloshin 1, Nguyen The Thanh 2
1 Kotelnikov IRE RAS
125009, Russia, Moscow, Mokhovaya st., 11, b. 7
2 Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology
141700, Russia, Dolgoprudny, Institutskiy per., 9
The paper was received April 25, 2023.
Abstract. An ultra-wideband single-polarization pyramidal metal-dielectric horn feed with a dielectric pyramidal insert and a coaxial input is proposed and investigated. As a result of numerical modeling and optimization of parameters by the finite element and finite difference methods in the time domain, it is shown that the optimized feed provides matching and stable radiation patterns in two planes, as well as the position of the phase center in a frequency band of more than an octave.
Key words: feed, ultra-wideband, pyramidal horn, coaxial-waveguide transition.
Financing: The work was carried out at the expense of budget financing within the framework of the state task on the topic 0030-2019-006.
Corresponding author: Kaloshin Vadim Anatol'evich, firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Akgiray Ahmed, Weinreb Sander, Imbriale William. Design and measurements of dual polarized wideband constant-beamwidth quadrupleridged flared horn. IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation (APSURSI). 2011. P.1135-1138.
2. Akgiray Ahmed, Weinreb Sander. Ultrawideband square and circular quad-ridge horns with near-constant beamwidth. IEEE International Conference on Ultra-Wideband. 2012. P.518-522.
3. Beukman Theunis S., Ivashina Marianna V., et al. A quadraxial feed for ultra-wide bandwidth quadruple-ridged flared horn antennas. The 8th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP 2014). 2014. P.3312-3316.
4. Dunning A., Bowen M., Bourne M., Smith S.L. An ultra-wideband dielectrically loaded quad-ridged feed horn for radio astronomy. IEEE-APS Topical Conference on Antennas and Propagation in Wireless Communications (APWC). 2015. P.787-790.
5. Kaloshin V.A., Pham V.C. Ultra wideband four ridge metal-dielectric feed horn. 2021 Systems of Signals Generating and Processing in the Field of on Board Communications. 2021. Moscow. P.1-4. https://doi.org/10.1109/IEEECONF51389.2021.9416035
6. Flygare Jonas, Yang Jian, Pollak Alexander W., et al. Beyond decade ultra wideband quad-ridge flared horn with dielectric load from 1 to 20 GHz. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. 2023. V.71. №3. P.2110-2125.
7. Rudakov Vyacheslav, Sledkov Viktor, Manuilov Mikhail. Compact Over-Octave Horn Antenna with Stable Radiation Pattern. IEEE 8th All-Russian Microwave Conference (RMC). 2022. P.140-143.
8. Bobkov N.I., Bobkov I.N. Broadband Horn Antenna With Frequency-Independent Radiation Characteristics. IEEE 8th All-Russian Microwave Conference (RMC) 2022. P.136-139.
9. Ye Jinyu, Zhang Haozhe, Chu Ran, et al. Analysis of a New Method to Design a Coaxial-to-Rectangular Waveguide Transition. International Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society Symposium - China (ACES). 2019. V.1. P.1-2.
Kaloshin V.A., Thanh Nguyen The. An ultra-wideband single-polarization pyramidal metal-dielectric horn feed. Zhurnal radioelektroniki [Journal of Radio Electronics] [online]. 2023. №4. https://doi.org/10.30898/1684-1719.2023.4.3 (In Russian)