Zhurnal Radioelektroniki - Journal of Radio Electronics. eISSN 1684-1719. 2023. №4
pdf) in Russian (
PROPAGATION OF A U-SHAPED RADIO PULSES IN A SELECTIVELY ABSORBING MEDIUM
A.V. Kulikova, N.S. Bukhman
Samara State Technical University
443001, Russian Federation, Samara, Molodogvardeiskaya str., 244
The paper was received March 22, 2023.
Abstract. General relationships are obtained that govern the evolution of a short signal propagating in a selectively absorbing medium. The propagation of a pulse with a rectangular envelope, the carrier frequency of which is close to the frequency of one of the spectral absorption lines of the medium, is considered. It is shown that in the case of a shift of the carrier frequency of the signal relative to the center of the spectral line, the interference of the primary signal and the response signal can lead to significant oscillations of the total signal in time. The amplitude of these oscillations decreases with increasing shift frequency.
Key words: selectively absorbing medium, signal, the front edge, distortion, rupture, propagation of radio waves, propagation of electromagnetic waves.
Corresponding author: Anastasia Vladislavovna Kulikova,
1. Vinogradova M.B., Rudenko O.V., Sukhorukov A.P. Teoriya voln [The Theory of Waves]. Moscow, Nauka. 1990. 384p. (in Russian)
Bukhman N.S., Kulikova A.V. The character of the dispersion of the refractive index near an isolated spectral line. Journal of Communications Technology and Electronics. 2015. V.60. №5. P.502-506.
3. Landsberg G. S. Optika [Optics]. Moscow, Nauka. 1976. 928p. (in Russian)
4. Abramowitz M. and Stegun I.A. Spravochnik po special'nym funkciyam [Handbook of Mathematical Functions]. Moscow, Nauka. 1979. 832p. (in Russian)
5. Landau L.D., Lifshitz E.M. Elektrodinamika sploshnyh sred [Electrodynamics of continuous media]. Moscow, Nauka. 1982. 620p. (in Russian)
6. Smirnov V.I. The Course of Higher Mathematics.V2. Addison-Wesley, Mass. 1964. 630 p.
7. Bukhman N.S. On the distortion of the leading edge of a quasi-monochromatic signal in a resonantly absorbing medium. Journal of Communications Technology and Electronics. 2019. V.64. №3. P.203-216
Kulikova A.V, Bukhman N.S. Propagation of a U-shaped radio PULSES in a selectively absorbing medium. Zhurnal radioelektroniki [Journal of Radio Electronics] [online]. 2023. №4. (In Russian)