laws of the
detection of extended objects by short-range radio devices
V. M. Artyushenko 1, V. I. Volovach 2
1 Finance and Technology Academy, Korolev, Russia
2 Volga Region State University of Service, Togliatti, Russia
The paper is received on January 11, 2015
Abstract. It is shown that one of the most important issues when determining the
characteristics of wireless short-range devices is the obtaining statistical
distributions of the detection range of extended objects. To calculate the
expected detection range of the mentioned devices, one should use probability
and statistical methods. Distributions of the detection range of the object by
short-range electronic devices are obtained for the moving extended
object, depending on its speed and the nature of the reflective surface taking
into account the statistical characteristics of the reflected signals, as well
as working conditions and forms of the pattern of the mentioned devices. The obtained
laws can be used for calculation of the detection characteristics of a moving
object in real operating conditions of short-range devices.
Key words: short-range radio device, extended object, the distribution of the detection range, density of distribution of detection probability, the accuracy of detection, probability and statistical methods, the shape of the pattern.
1. Kogan I. M., G.I., (1973), Short-range radar, Sovestkoe
radio, Moscow: 272 p. (in Russian).
2. Volovach, V. I., (2011), Accumulating
the probability of detecting objects in the control zone radio security devices,
Electrical engineering and information
systems and systems. 7(1):17-20 (in Russian).
3. Volovach, V. I., (2013), Methods and algorithms for the
analysis of short-range radio devices, Radio and Communications, Moscow: 228 p. (in Russian).
4. Artyushenko, V. M. and Volovach, V. I., (2012), Features
reflection of probe signals from wireless devices detection of extended objects
of complex shape, School university science: development paradigm. 2(6):42-46
5. Volovach, V. I., (2014), Study of the probability density function
of object detection based on changing range // Proceedings of the
universities of Russia. Radionics. (4):71-75 (in Russian).
6. Artyushenko V.M., Volovach V.I. Statistical Characteristics of
Envelope Outliers Duration of non-Gaussian Information Processes // Proceedings
of IEEE East-West Design & Test Symposium (EWDTS’2013). Rostov-on-Don, Russia, September 27–30, 2013. Kharkov: KNURE, 2013. P. 137-140 (in English).
7. Volovach, V. I., (2013), Assessment of the reliability of object detection dual-radio devices detection
turnstile type // The radio industry. Issue 3:145-155 (in Russian).
8. Artyushenko, V. M. and Volovach, V. I., (2012), Analysis of
parameters of the signal reflected from an extended object. Priborostroenie.
55(9):62-67 (in Russian).
9. Artyushenko, V. M., Volovach, V. I. and Ivanov V. V., (2014),
Statistical characteristics of signals and noise in short-range radio devices,
Priborostroenie. 57(7):46-50 (in Russian).
10. Artyushenko, V. M. and Volovach, V. I., (2012), Experimental
research of parameters of Doppler signal spectrum reflected from the extended
object, Caspian journal: Management and High Technologies. 19(3):17-24
11. Artyushenko V. M. and Volovach V. I., (2014), Analysis of
mathematical models useful signals and information processes radar devices
short-range, Proceedings of the universities of Russia. Radionics. (5):14-20
12. Sosulin, Yu. G., (1992), Theoretical Foundations of radar and
navigation: Textbook for High Schools, Radio and Communications, Moscow: 304 p. (in Russian).
13. The reference radar,
(1976), the English translation; edited by
K.N. Trofimov, Vol. 1, Sovestkoe radio, Moscow: 476 p. (in Russian).
14. Artyushenko, V. M., (2013), Research and development of the
motion parameters radar meter for extended objects, Finance and Technology Academy, Moscow: 214 p. (in Russian).
15. Artyushenko V. M. and Volovach V. I., (2014), The density dependence of the probability
distribution of the detection object extended radio short-range devices
// VIII All-Russian Conference "Radar and radio", 24-26 November
2014, Moscow, IRE them. V. A. Kotelnikov RAS. Moscow. P. 325-329 (in Russian).