of spectrum parameters of Doppler signal reflected from the moving extended object
V. M. Artyushenko 1, V. I. Volovach 2
1 Finance and Technology Academy, Korolev, Russia
2 Volga Region State University of Service, Togliatti, Russia
The paper is received on January 12, 2015
Abstract. It is shown that in the
analysis and implementation of short-range radio devices an extended nature of
the sensing object and the nature of the multipath signal reflections from the
object should be considered. The analysis of the parameters of the spectrum of Doppler
signal reflected from the moving extended object is of practical interest,
since it allows to determine the parameters of motion with great certainty, in
particular the speed and acceleration of an extended object. It is proved that
the width of the Doppler signal spectrum and, hence, the accuracy of speed measuring
of an extended object are the most influenced by its acceleration. In this case
there is a direct relation: the greater the acceleration, the wider the signal
spectrum. The results of experimental study of spectrum parameters of the
Doppler signal for different models of extended objects are discussed. Analysis
and generalization of the results was carried out on a large sample of
fragments of the spectrum of the Doppler signal, which allows us to consider
these results as statistically significant.
Key words: spectrum
of the Doppler signal, extended object, radio meter, speed, acceleration of the
motion, the effective surface scattering, the amplitude spectrum, phase
1. Artyushenko, V. M., (2013), Research and development of the motion
parameters radar meter for extended objects, Finance and Technology Academy, Moscow: 214 p. (in Russian).
2. Artyushenko V. M. and Volovach V. I., (2013), Threshold method for
measuring the speed of extended objects in the control zone of radio detection
devices short-range, Journal of Radio Electronics: e-zine. (12): URL:
3. Volovach, V. I., (2013), Methods and algorithms for the analysis
of short-range radio devices, Radio and Communications, Moscow: 228 p. (in
4. Artyushenko V. M. and Volovach V. I., (2013), Statistical
Characteristics of Envelope Outliers Duration of non-Gaussian Information
Processes // Proceedings of IEEE East-West Design & Test Symposium
(EWDTS’2013). Rostov-on-Don, Russia, September 27-30, 2013. Kharkov: KNURE. P.
137-140 (in English).
5. Artyushenko, V. M., Volovach, V. I. and Ivanov V. V., (2014),
Statistical characteristics of signals and noise in short-range radio devices,
Priborostroenie. 57(7):46-50 (in Russian).
6. Artyushenko V. M. and Volovach V. I., (2014), Analysis of
mathematical models useful signals and information processes radar devices
short-range, Proceedings of the universities of Russia. Radionics. (5):14-20 (in Russian).
7. Volovach, V. I., (2007), On the determination of the statistical characteristics
of the signals reflected from extended objects // XIII International Scientific
and Technical Conference "Radar. Navigation. Communication". Conference
Proceedings. Volume III. Voronezh: Ð. 1873-1881 (in Russian).
8. Artyushenko V. M. and Volovach V. I., (2014), Defining the parameters
of the spectrum of the Doppler signal reflected from a moving object // VIII
All-Russian Conference "Radar and radio", 24-26 November 2014, Moscow, IRE them. V. A. Kotelnikov RAS. Moscow. P. 325-329 (in Russian).
9. Tuzov, G.I., (1967), Selection and processing of information in
the Doppler systems, Sovestkoe radio, Moscow: 256 p. (in Russian).
10. Theoretical basis of radar (1973), edited by V.E. Dulevich,
2nd edition revised and enlarged, Sovestkoe radio, Moscow: 608 p. (in Russian).
11. Flerov, A.G. and Timofeev, V.T., (1987), Doppler device and a
navigation system, Transport, Moscow: 191 p. (in Russian).
12. Cook, C. and Bernfeld, M., (1971), Radar signals, translation
from English, edited by V.S. Kelzon, Sovestkoe radio, Moscow: 568 p. (in
13. Artyushenko, V. M. and Volovach, V. I., (2012), Analysis of
parameters of the signal reflected from an extended object. Priborostroenie.
55(9):62-67 (in Russian).
14. Artyushenko, V. M. and Volovach, V. I., (2012), Experimental
research of parameters of Doppler signal spectrum reflected from the extended
object, Caspian journal: Management and High Technologies. 19(3):17-24