Zhurnal Radioelektroniki - Journal of Radio Electronics. eISSN 1684-1719. 2022. №9
pdf) in Russian (
Statistical characteristics of differentially coherent communication system
based on chaotic radio pulses OVER a channel with gaussian noise
C.M. Sierra-Teran1, A.I. Ryzhov2
1Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology
141700, Dolgoprudny, Moscow Region, 9 Institutskiy per.
2Kotelnikov Institute of Radioengineering and Electronics of RAS, 125009, Moscow, Mokhovaya str. 11/7
The paper was received July 20, 2022
Abstract. The purpose of this paper is to analyze the statistical characteristics of a differentially coherent communication scheme based on the use of chaotic pulses in the presence and absence of thermal noise for various distributions of chaotic signal instantaneous values. To achieve this goal, a numerical simulation for the performance of direct chaotic differentially coherent communication scheme is carried out in the work by a computer simulation. A numerical simulation was carried out, confirming the previously obtained analytical bit error probability estimates vs energy per bit to gaussian noise power spectral density ratio. The minimum energy per bit to gaussian noise power spectral density ratio values, which provide the given error probabilities, are obtained. It is shown that the proposed communication system works effectively at high values of processing gain(the behavior of the communication system was studied for various values of processing gain), and in the case of high values of processing gain, the results obtained do not depend on the choice of a specific discrete chaotic signal distribution.
Key words: chaotic radio pulses, differentially coherent, numerical simulation, statistical characteristics, bit error ratio.
Financing: The work was carried out within the framework of the state assignment “Efir-2”, registration number 122041800089-9.
1. Kolumban, G., Kennedy, M.P., Chua L.O. The role of synchronization in digital communications using chaos. I. Fundamentals of digital communications. IEEE Trans. 1997. V.CS-44. №10. P.927. https://doi.org/10.1109/81.633882
2. Kolumban G., Vizvari В., Schwarz W., Abel A. Differential chaos shift keying: A robust coding for chaotic communication. Proceedings 4th Int. Specialist Workshop «Nonlinear Dynamics in Electronic Systems». Seville.1996. P.87-92.
3. Dmitriev A.S., Mokhseni T.I., Sierra-Teran C.M. Differentially coherent information transmission based on chaotic radio pulses. Journal of Communications Technology and Electronics. 2018. V.63. №10. P.1183-1190. https://doi.org/10.1134/S1064226918100078
4. Dmitriev A.S., Mokhseni T.I., Sierra-Teran C.M. Ultra- and hyper-wideband differentially coherent information transmission based on chaotic radio pulses Izvestiya VUZ. AND. 2018. V.26. №4. С.59-71. https://doi.org/10.18500/0869-6632-2018-26-4-59-74
5. Dmitriev A.S., Mokhseni T.I., Sierra-Teran C.M. Diﬀerentially Coherent Communication Scheme Based on Chaotic Radio Pulses. Nonlinear Phenom. Complex Syst. 2018. V.21. №3. P.237-246.
6. Dmitriev A.S., Mokhseni T.I., Sierra-Teran C.M. Simulation of differentially coherent information transmission system based on chaotic radio pulses in ADS environment. Izvestiya VUZ. Applied Nonlinear Dynamics. 2019. V.27. №5. P.72-86. https://doi.org/10.18500/0869-6632-2019-27-5-72-86
7. Patent RF № 2185032. Dmitriev A.S., Panas A.I., Starkov S.O. et al. Sposob peredachi informacii s pomoshiyu khaoticheskikh signalov [Information transmission method using chaotic signals]. 27.07.2000. (In Russian)
8. Dmitriev A.S., Kyarginsky B. Ye., Panas A.I., Starkov S.O. Direct chaotic communication scheme at microwave frequencies. Journal of Communications Technology and Electronics. 2001. V.46. №2. P.207-2014.
9. Dmitriev A.S., Kyarginsky B. Ye., Panas A.I., Starkov S.O. Experiments on ultra wideband direct chaotic information transmission in microwave band. Int. J. Bifurcation and Chaos. 2003. V.13. №6. P.1495-1507.
10. Petrovich N.T., Razmakhnin M.K. Sistemi svyazi s shumopodobnimi signalami [Communication systems using noise-like signals]. Moscow, Sovetskoye Radio Publ. 1969. 233 p. (In Russian)
11. Varakin L.E. Sistemi svyazi s shumopodobnimi signalami [Communication systems using noise-like signals]. Msocow, Radio i svyaz’. 1985. 384 p. (In Russian)
Sierra-Teran C.M., Ryzhov A.I. Statistical characteristics of differentially coherent communication system based on chaotic radio pulses over a channel with gaussian noise. Zhurnal radioelektroniki [Journal of Radio Electronics][online]. 2022. №9. https://doi.org/10.30898/1684-1719.2022.9.1 (In Russian).