Zhurnal Radioelektroniki - Journal of Radio Electronics. eISSN 1684-1719. 2022. №9
pdf) in Russian (
JUMP OF THE MAGNETIZATION VECTOR AT A MARTENSITIC PHASE TRANSITION IN HEUSLER ALLOYS DUE TO THE 5TH ORDER INVARIANT
L.S. Metlov1,2, E.D. Dahkno2, V.V. Koledov3, V.G Shavrov3
1Donetsk institute for physics and engineering,
Donetsk, st. Rosa Luxembourg, 72.
2Donetsk national university,
Donetsk, st. University, 24
3Kotel’nikov Institute of Radio-engineering and Electronics of RAS,
125009, Moscow, st. Mokhovaya 11, bldg. 7
The paper was received September 7, 2022.
Abstract. To describe the effect of a structural phase transition on the magnetic state in Heusler alloys, it is proposed to additionally take into account the mixed fifth-order invariant in the free energy. It has been shown analytically and numerically that the new free energy term is responsible for the abrupt change in the direction of the magnetization vector from the main diagonal of the cube to the main diagonal of the parallelepiped, which occurs as a result of tetragonal distortions during the phase transition.
Key words: Heusler alloys, phase transitions, 5th order invariants, tetragonal distortions, order parameter.
Corresponding author: Metlov Leonid Semyonovich, firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Aranson I.S., Kalatsky V.A., Vinokur V.M. Continuum Field Description of Crack Propagation. Physical Review Letters. 2000. V.85. №1. P.118-121. https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevLett.85.118
2. Rosam J., Jimack P.K., Mullis A.M. Quantitative phase-field modeling of solidification at high Lewis number. Physical Review E. 2009. V.79. №3. https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevE.79.030601
3. Choudhury A., Nestler B. Grand-potential formulation for multicomponent phase transformations combined with thin-interface asymptotics of the double-obstacle potential. Physical Review E. 2012. V.85. №2. https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevE.85.021602
4. Tadaki T., Otsuka K., Shimizu K. Shape memory alloys. Annual Review of Materials Science. 1988. V.18. P.25-45. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.ms.18.080188.000325
5. Buchel'nikov V.D., Vasiliev A.N., Koledov V.V, Taskaev S.V., Khovaylo V.V., Shavrov V.G.. Magnetic shape-memory alloys: phase transitions and functional properties. PHYS-USP. 2006. V.49. №8. P.871–877 https://doi.org/10.1070/PU2006v049n08ABEH006081
6. Boyko V.S., Garber R.I., Kosevich A.M. Obratimaya plastichnost' kristallov [Reversible plasticity of crystals]. Moscow, Science. 1991. 279 p.
7. Metlov L.S. Fluctuation and noise effects in different physical systems. PHYSICS AND HIGH PRESSURE TECHNOLOGY. 2019. V.29. №1. P.28-63.
8. Vasil’ev A. N., Bozhko A. D., Khovailo V. V., Dikshtein I. E., Shavrov V. G., Buchelnikov V. D., Matsumoto M., Suzuki S., Takagi T., Tani J. Structural and magnetic phase transitions in shape-memory alloys Ni2+xMn1-xGa. Physical Review B. 1999. V.59. №2. P.1113-1120. https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevB.59.1113
Metlov L.S., Dakhno E.D., Koledov V.V., Shavrov V.G. Jump of the magnetization vector at a martensitic phase transition in Heusler alloys due to the 5th order invariant. Zhurnal radioelektroniki [Journal of Radio Electronics][online]. 2022. №9. https://doi.org/10.30898/1684-1719.2022.9.6