Zhurnal Radioelektroniki - Journal of Radio Electronics. eISSN 1684-1719. 2022. №2
pdf) in Russian (
INFLUENCE OF ELECTRON TEMPERATURE ON THE DISTRIBUTION
OF THE CONCENTRATION IN THE CROSS SECTION OF A GAS-DISCHARGE PLASMA
A.A. Zaharov, A.A. Potapov, A.A. Shvachko
Yuri Gagarin State Technical University of Saratov
410054 Russia, Saratov, Politekhnicheskaya str., 77
The paper was received January 13, 2022.
Abstract. The electron temperature and the concentration of charged particles associated with it in a gas-discharge plasma can lead to a change in the properties of the corresponding electronic devices: a change in the space charge. Even an insignificant space charge, due to the difference in the concentrations of charged particles in the plasma, can cause instabilities and lead to the formation of undamped longitudinal and transverse waves (strata) in the plasma of the positive gas discharge column. In a magnetized gas-discharge plasma, the space charge decreases due to a decrease in the parameters of motion of charged particles, and with a transverse magnetic field B = B0 = (bebp)-1/2 vanishes and the plasma becomes homogeneous. In the case when the magnetic weakly affects the plasma, it is necessary that the concentration of charge carriers be the same, i.e. the plasma is homogeneous. Therefore, it is necessary to determine the minimum value of the electron temperature at which the Maxwellian plasma is homogeneous.
Goal – To estimate the effect of electron temperature on the distribution of charge carrier concentration, analyze the electron balance equation in two cases: at zero and real boundary conditions.
Key words: low-temperature plasma, electron temperature, density distribution, zero boundary conditions, real boundary conditions.
Corresponding author: Potapov Andrey Andreevich email@example.com
1. Bankovskiy A.S., Zakharov A.A., Potapov A.A., Shvachko A.A. Influence of the space charge in a gas-discharge plasma on the stability of the balance of particles and the current component of the electric field strength. Radiotekhnika [Radio engineering]. 2020. V.84. №7(14). P.50-58. http://doi.org/10.18127/j00338486-202007(14)-07 (In Russian)
2. Taccogna F., Dilecce G. Non-equilibrium in low-temperature plasmas. The European Physical Journal D. 2016. V.70. №11. P.37. http://doi.org/10.1140/epjd/e2016-70474-0
3. Shibkov V.M., Shibkova L.V., Logunov A.A. The electron temperature in the plasma of a DC discharge created in a supersonic airflow. Moscow University Physics Bulletin. 2017. V.72. P.294-300. http://doi.org/10.3103/S0027134917030109
4. Granovsky V.L. Elektricheskiy tok v gaze. Ustanovivshiysya tok [Electric current in gas. Steady current.]. Moscow, Nauka Publ. 1971. 543 p. (In Russian)
5. Golant V.E., Zhilinsky A.P., Sakharov I.E. Osnovy fiziki plazmy [Fundamentals of Plasma Physics]. St. Petersburg, Lan' Pabl. 2021. 448 p. (In Russian)
6. Gorin V.V., Kudryavtsev A.A., Yao J., Yuan C., Zhou Z. Boundary conditions for drift-diffusion equations in gas-discharge plasmas. Physics of Plasmas. 2020. V.27. №1. P.5120613. http://doi.org/10.1063/1.5120613
Zaharov A.A., Potapov A.A., Shvachko A.A. Influence of electron temperature on the distribution of the concentration in the cross section of a gas-discharge plasma. Zhurnal radioelektroniki [Journal of Radio Electronics] [online]. 2022. №2. https://doi.org/10.30898/1684-1719.2022.2.3 (In Russian)