Zhurnal Radioelektroniki - Journal of Radio Electronics. eISSN 1684-1719. 2020. No. 5
Full text in Russian (pdf)
Approach to the recognition of the «time stamp» structural element of a protocol unit with multiplexing of voice data of subscribers of satellite communication systems
G. V. Nikitin, A. V. Shishkalov, K. V. Sazonov, R. R. Saniev
A.F.Mozhaisky Military Space Academy, Zhdanovskaya 13, Saint-Petersburg 197198, Russia
The paper is received on April 15, 2020
Abstract. The article discusses the features of the formation of a structural element of the protocol data unit "time stamp" and "sequence number" in the conditions of voice transmission through satellite communication systems using the multiplexing protocol at the application level. The article presents the results of simulation. The simulation took into account statistics of intervals of pauses and intervals of active speech. An informative sign of recognition of the structural element “time stamp” of the protocol data unit with multiplexing at the application level was proposed. The informative feature is based on an estimate of the standard deviation of the packet receiving time points relative to the predicted ones. The error probabilities of Type I and Type II were evaluated for various delays in the buffer of the network equipment.
Key words: multiplexing voice data, network protocol for delivering voice, pattern recognition.
1. Goldshtein B.S., Freinkman V.A. Call-tsentry i komp'yuternaya telefoniya: posobiye. [Call Centers and Computer Telephony: a Guide]. Saint Petersburg, BHV-Petersburg Publ. 2014. 366 p. (In Russian)
2. ITU-T Recommendation G.1028. «End-to-end quality of service for voice over 4G mobile networks» [online]. Site of the International Telecommunication Union. Available at: https://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-G.1028-201906-I/en
3. ITU-T Recommendation G.114. One-way transmission time. Site of the International Telecommunication Union. Available at: https://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-G.114
4. Kamnev V.E., Cherkasov V.V., Chechin G.V. Sputnikovyye seti svyazi: uchebnoye posobiye [Satellite Communications Networks: a Tutorial]. Moscow. Radio i Svyaz' Publ. 2004. 536 p. (In Russian)
5. Kantor L.Ya., Timofeev V.V. Sputnikovaya svyaz' i problema geostatsionarnoy orbity [Satellite Communications and the Problem of Geostationary Orbit]. Moscow. Radio i Svyaz' Publ. 1988. 168 p. (In Russian)
6. 3GPP TS 26.094: "AMR Speech Codec; Voice Activity Detector" [online]. Available at: https://www.3gpp.org/ftp/Specs/archive/26_series/26.094/
7. Lednev A.V., Butkevich M.N. A voice packets source statistical multiplexing adjusted for a phone conversation model. Elektrotekhnicheskiye i informatsionnyye kompleksy i sistemy - Electrical and Information Complexes and Systems. 2009. Vol. 5. No. 1. P. 38-42. Available at: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=11934931 (In Russian)
8. Kobzar A.I. Prikladnaya matematicheskaya statistika. Dlya inzhenerov i nauchnykh rabotnikov [Applied Mathematical Statistics. For Engineers and Scientists]. Ìoscow, Fizmatlit Publ. 2006. 816 p. (In Russian).
9. Yusupov R.M., Petukhov G.B et al. Statisticheskiye metody obrabotki rezul'tatov nablyudeniy [Statistical Methods for Processing Observations]. Moscow, Ministry of Defence Publishing House. 1984. 786 p. (In Russian)
Nikitin G.V., Shishkalov A.V., Sazonov K.V., Saniev R.R. Approach to the recognition of the «time stamp» structural element of a protocol unit with multiplexing of voice data of subscribers of satellite communication systems. Zhurnal Radioelektroniki - Journal of Radio Electronics. 2020. No. 5. Available at http://jre.cplire.ru/jre/may20/2/text.pdf. DOI: https://doi.org/10.30898/1684-1719.2020.5.2