Zhurnal Radioelektroniki - Journal of Radio Electronics. eISSN 1684-1719. 2020. No. 5
Full text in Russian (pdf)
UDC 621.396. 6
Generalized method for statistical estimation of frequency of simultaneously and independently functioning generators
D. D. Gabriel’an 1, O. A. Safaryan 2
1 Rostov-on-Don Radio Communication Research Institute, Nansena str., 130, Rostov-on-Don 344038, Russia
2 Don State Technical University, Gagarina sq., 1, Rostov-on-Don 344038, Russia
The paper is received on April 19, 2020
Abstract. The questions of estimating the current frequency of each of the generators when they function simultaneously and independently as parts of a radio-electronic or information-telecommunication system are considered. Frequency estimates are obtained based on measurements of the signal phases of each of the generators at each measurement time interval, determining the deviations of the measured phase values from the assumed nominal values, and obtaining estimates from the maximum condition of the generated likelihood function. The proposed approach is a generalization of the previously proposed method of statistical frequency stabilization of the system of simultaneously and independently operating generators, which is based on finding the extremum of the one-dimensional likelihood function was determined for the current time interval measurement and, accordingly, the current value of the oscillator frequency. The proposed generalization is as follows:
- formation of a three-dimensional likelihood function, the arguments of which are the deviation of the duration of the time interval of measurements from the nominal value, the deviation of the nominal frequency values of each of the generators from the corresponding assumed values, the deviation of the relative instability values of each of the generators from the corresponding assumed values;
- joint estimation of the duration of each of the measurement time intervals, frequency deviations and relative instabilities of each of the generators from the corresponding assumed values;
- measurement of the signal phases of each generator at each measurement time interval.
The proposed generalization allows us to reject assumptions about exactly known values of the nominal frequency and relative instability of each of the generators. At the same time, the use of the proposed likelihood function leads to the need to measure the signal phases of each of the generators not at one, but several measurement intervals. On the basis of numerical modeling, we analyzed the increase in the accuracy of estimating the duration of time intervals of measurements and, accordingly, the frequency of generators. It is shown that refining the values of relative frequency instability of each generator does not lead to a practically significant increase in the accuracy of estimates of the current frequency values of generators. A transition to a simplified likelihood function is proposed, in which only the duration of the time interval of measurements and the nominal frequency of each of the generators are evaluated.
Key words: high-frequency oscillators, statistical method of frequency stabilization, the multivariate distribution function, frequency stability.
1. Patent of the Russian Federation. Method of stabilization of oscillators frequencies. Gabriel'yan D.D., Prygunov A.G., Hutortzev V.V., Trepachev V.V. Appl. 17 Oct. 2000. Awarded 20 Dec. 2003. Pat. No. 2219654.
2. Gabriel'yan D.D., Prygunov A.A., Prygunov A.G., Safaryan O.A. Method of estimating frequencies in a oscillator system. Fizicheskie osnovy priborostroenia – Physical Bases of Instrumentation. 2012. Vol. 1. No. 2. P. 72-77. (In Russian)
3. Gabriel'yan D.D., Safaryan O.A. The emergence property in a system of independently functioning generators using the method of statistical frequency stabilization. Zhurnal Radioelektroniki - Journal of Radio Electronics. 2019. No. 8. Available at http://jre.cplire.ru/jre/aug19/2/text.pdf. DOI: 10.30898/1684-1719.2019.8.2 (In Russian)
4. Akimov P. A., Derevyankin A.V., Marasov A. I. Garantiruyushchiy podkhod i I-approksimatsiya v zadachakh otsenivaniya parametrov BINS pri stendovykh ispytaniyakh [The guaranteeing approach and I-approximation in problems of estimation of bins parameters at bench tests]. Moscow, Moscow State University Publ. 2012. 296 p. (In Russian)
5. Safaryan O.A. Modeling of the process of stabilization of the frequency of generators in information and communication systems. Vestnik DGTU – Bulletin of Don State Technical University. 2016. Vol. 16. No. 4 (87). Part 2. P. 150-154. (In Russian).
6. Safaryan O., Sakharov I., Boldyrikhin N., Yengibaryan I. Method of Reducing Phase Noise in the System Simultaneously and Independently Operating the High-Frequency Signal Generators. Engineering Computations. 2017. Vol.34. No.8 (2). P. 2586-2594.
7. Nikitin L.N. Ispytaniya i diagnostika televizionnykh sistem: ispytaniya radioelektronnoy apparatury: ucheb posobiye [Testing and diagnostics of television systems: testing of electronic equipment: a manual]. Voronezh. Voronezh State Technical University. 2009. (In Russian)
8. Levin B. R. Teoreticheskiye osnovy statisticheskoy radiotekhniki. Kniga pervaya [Theoretical foundations of statistical radio engineering. Book one]. Moscow, Sovetskoye Radio Publ. 1969. 752 p. (In Russian)
9. Mazmishvili A. I. Teoriya oshibok i metod naimen'shikh kvadratov [Theory of errors and least squares method]. Moscow, Nedra Publ. 1978. 310 p. (In Russian)
10. Morion, Inc. – company profile [online]. Available at: http://www.morion.com.ru (Accessed 10.03.2020) (In Russian)
Gabriel’an D.D.,Safaryan O.A. Generalized method for statistical estimation of frequency of simultaneously and independently functioning generators. Zhurnal Radioelektroniki - Journal of Radio Electronics. 2020. No. 5. Available at http://jre.cplire.ru/jre/may20/5/text.pdf. DOI https://doi.org/10.30898/1684-1719.2020.5.5